I’ve been doing a bunch of sketching recently for my Monstrosities. In my last post (April 17th), I tried creating a Monstrosity from a rough head sketch. The result was interesting enough for me to come up with some new ideas. I tried to see how realistic I should go. The illustration I have to show today was an experiment in how realistic is too realistic. Granted it’s a stylized head illustration. But my point of it was to see where my Monstrosities should go. I still don’t know. I just know that I like doing these little creatures.
But I think that this not the way these creatures should go. This doesn’t really feel like it’s in the same world. It feels more like a mutation or zombie-ish type of character/creature design. While I like it, it isn’t a Monstrosity.
It was an interesting experiment. I know a little more of where I don’t want my Monstrosities to go now, and that’s a good thing. We’ll see what happens in the next experiment. Maybe I’ll call these explorations “Experiments” from now on too. Hmmmm….that’s interesting.
More to come. Stay tuned!